Welcome / Introductions – Meeting was called to order by Patrick Kimes at 7:00 pm.
Present at meeting: Patrick, Steve, Robert, Matt, Kendall, Jessica
Review and approve November Minutes – The minutes from November were approved.
– Matt Byerly: The financial documents were emailed to the board members and will be approved by email.
SPHOA has a balance of about $43,000 and an accounts receivable balance of $24,817.93
– Handling Past dues / liens: The accountants will provide a list of past due accounts. The board will contact the lawyer (Jeff Burns) to update the liens and demand letters will be mailed.
– Accountants relocating to North Carolina: everything is set for the accountants to operate remotely. Matt will email the accountants to get the statements ready to be mailed.
– Winter Newsletter: The cost is about $350 to send out. The newsletter will notate that “Annual dues are not increasing” Updates to the newsletter will be sent out to the board for approval. The goal is to mail out the newsletter and statements before January 1, 2012.
– Using sponsors: This is a good idea. Patrick will contact homeowner about inquiry and Stan Stevenson.
– Web Cam and using Skype: Robert will purchase web cam and set up.
We should start using firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as the primary emails. The website and newsletter should be updated.
– Kid Pool or Splash pad (received estimates): Patrick will solicit bids from Sunshine Pools, Clear water Pools, and Aggieland pools. We will ask for financing terms. Matt will check with Brazos Valley Bank about a small loan. The board has agreed on a total price point around $25,000.
Social Committee: No updates
Neighborhood news / updates: No updates
Code Violations: No commercial ventures will be allowed at the club house. A section will be added to Club house reservation.
Action Item List
– Door replacement bid: No new information. Waiting on bid from Robert Muller
– New back door bid
– New brick mail box bid
– Volleyball Net (how should we replace?): Stan Stevenson will remove the posts. A new volleyball net and posts will be obtained to replace the broken volley ball set.
– Renew Contracts for Pool Service and Lawn Care Service: The SPHOA board approved to renew the contracts for 1 year with a unanimous vote.
Budget for 2012: Matt will send out the budget to the board members by email. This will be a working document until all of the project estimates have been approved.
Open Discussion / Concerns
Presentation of ByLaw Amendments: Please see attached changes.
Faucet running outside of clubhouse: The faucet is off now. Robert will update of any necessary changes.
Fixing pool chairs: George Lee will have several of the pool chairs fixed for a standard hourly rate.
Hanging office blinds: Robert will hang the blinds over the Christmas break.
Missing Minutes: Robert will look for the February minutes and update the board on any other needed minutes. The minutes will be updated on the SPHOA website.
Big Event Ideas: Clean up the playground area by putting all rocks back into the playground.